Wednesday, July 8, 2009

< 61 >

A shimmering, luminous wisp of light wove through the sparkling sky and touched me. A twinkling dazzle of glitter washed through my body, cleansing and nurturing. John's body felt light in my arms. My faithful friend was no burden in the light. The light would carry us. The light would cleanse us. The light would make us whole.

Shining, scintillant music, a symphony of fire and sunbeam, burst upon my heart. I was transfixed... resplendent...obliviously joyful in glimmer and blaze. I sailed on luminescent wings above a landscape of flare and radiance. All things were possible in a creation of impeccable beauty and order. I was struck by the extraordinary honor and glory of being, lost in endless wonder at each moment.

I opened my eyes. We were driving through the streets of Houston. Mary and Radio were in the back seat holding John Sr. He leaned against Mary with his eyes closed and a peaceful smile on his lips. Radio looked at me like he didn't know who I was. I felt wonderful and refreshed from my daydream and wasn't ready to worry about what he was thinking.

I turned on the radio, thumbed through the stations, and found a real prize. "It's a Wonderful World"...not the Willie Nelson version which is okay too but the original by Satchmo...pure classic. Obviously fate was on my side. James Purcival looked over at me from the driver's seat. He had the same look in his eyes. "Mr. Bowie, can you hear me?" "Sure James," I laughed "...and don't call me Mr. Bowie. I can't be that much older than you."

No comments:

Post a Comment